Service Requests

Members who need a new service built or want to change an existing service need to contact Harney Electric.


Service Request Process:

Step 1: Please read the Service & Meter Requirements Handbook for more information and contact Harney Electric Cooperative with any questions. A Harney Electric Employee will assist you in filling out the Agreement for Electrical Service.

If you wish to transfer an existing service into your name, please call our office at 541-573-2061.

Step 2: After completing the form, you may submit it to us by mail, fax, email, or at one of our offices. We will respond to you as soon as possible.

  Hines Office Orovada Office

PO Box 587
Hines, OR 97738

PO Box 107
Orovada, NV 89425

Office: Hines Office Orovada Office
Fax: (541) 573-3930
Email: Submit a Form  







Step 3: We will contact you to discuss you're service request.  We will then prepare and send to you a packet with any forms we need you to complete and return to us.

Step 4: Upon receipt of your completed forms, we will (if necessary) arrange an on-site meeting to decide where facilities will be placed, including the meter location.

Step 5: Our representatives will prepare final construction documents and will forward the documents to construction crews.

For questions, contact us at (541) 573-2061 during our regular office hours (Monday through Friday except holidays, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.)


  • When adding on to a building, please do not enclose the meter.
  • When building a fence, please do not block our access to the meter.

If a meter becomes inaccessible to Harney Electric Cooperative, you will need to relocate the meter to an accessible location at your expense. Please see the Service & Meter Requirements handbook for more information